Classes at Blooma Nashville
Vist Blooma Nashville’s Website to register for classes, see class descriptions, register for child care, & see pricing options.
WEST LOCATION: 4107 Charlotte Ave, Nashville TN
Pelvic Floor Tone & Restore
Saturdays // 8:15-9:15am
Core & More
Fridays // 10:00-11:00am (childcare available)
EAST LOCATION: 1000 Fatherland Ave, Nashville TN 37206
Pelvic Floor Tone & Restore
Mondays // 7:00-8:00pm
Tuesdays // 9:15-10:15am
Your Pregnant Pelvic Floor
Saturday, Jan 20 // 1:30-3:30pm
Saturday, May 12 // 1:30-3:30pm
Saturday, July 21 // 1:30-3:30pm
Saturday, Sept 29 // 1:30-3:30pm
Many a modern pregnancy comes with a lot of common complaints: aching back, painful hips, shooting sensations in weird places, high blood pressure, swelling, and too many more to list.
Far too many women also experience birth complications that lead to interventions like induction, forceps or vacuum-assist, or an emergent Cesarean section.
And yet, pregnancy and childbirth are natural functions that our bodies are designed to do!
Many of the “common” issues in pregnancy and birth are a result of our unconscious movement habits. How we sit, how we stand, the way we move (or don’t move!) all change the way our bodies function over time.
Add pregnancy to your misaligned body, and OUCH! Those aches, pains and interventions can show up. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to better align your body for the benefit of you and your baby.
Improving your alignment can:
- Reduce aches and pains
- Reduce swelling
- Keep blood pressure normal
- Prepare the pelvic floor for birth & clear up incontinence
- Treat and prevent diastasis recti (splitting of the abdominal wall)
- Provide optimal space for fetal positioning
- Increase space in the pelvic outlet
- Maximize your chance of having a VBAC
- Prepare the breast tissue for breastfeeding
- Decrease recovery time after a vaginal birth or caesarean section
Join us for tips, inspiration and exercises to help you feel better in pregnancy and birth!
Your Postpartum Pelvic Floor
Saturday, March 17 // 1:30-3:30
Saturday, Nov 17 // 1:30-3:30
Does your body-after-baby feel utterly unfamiliar? Weak and leaky? Unsupported? Pregnancy and birth are hard on a misaligned body – and nearly all of us have imbalances that make it harder to heal postnatally.
In this workshop, you’ll discover how your current posture and movement habits are making it harder for your pelvic floor to heal. And you’ll learn how to speed your postpartum recovery along by improving the way you move in your daily activities with baby.
- Regain proper pelvic floor function.
- Build strength to end the dreaded sneeze-pee.
- Learn how your alignment can help heal diastasis recti (abdominal wall separation)
- Learn proper alignment for daily walks–an essential movement for a strong pelvic floor
- Build strength for pain-free baby-holding
Join us for this postpartum work during the first two years after birth, once you’ve been cleared for exercise by your care provider (usually 6 to 8 weeks postpartum).
Pelvic Floor for Women: Level 1
About 80% of women will suffer from a pelvic floor disorder in their lifetime. Understanding WHY is the first step to beating those odds.What is wrong with women’s bodies that they stop functioning properly? NOTHING!
The trouble is in how our built environment has us moving (or not moving), and the not-so-subtle beauty demands — belly in! boobs out! heels high! — of our culture.
In this workshop, you’ll start to understand:
- the difference between posture and alignment,
- what your feet (and knees and hips) have to do with sneeze-pee
- how to turn WALKING into an everyday life skill that can transform your body
- when to squat vs. when to kegel
- and a LOT more!
Improve your body alignment, and change the way you move to recover your health. Come learn the anatomical foundations & practice the Restorative Exercises that can help heal and prevent these common female issues:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction
- Menstrual cramps
- SI joint pain
- Edema, swelling
- High blood pressure
- Pelvic floor trauma
- Hip, knee, back or pelvic pain
- A painful pregnancy
- A cesarean section (a pelvis that was “too small” or a baby that was stuck/breach/posterior)
Pelvic Floor for Women: Level 2
Saturday, April 28 // 1:30-3:30
If you’ve been to Pelvic Floor for Women Level 1, attended the weekly Pelvic Floor Tone & Restore class for 6+months, taken a Move Your DNA weekend, or attended Nutritious Movement/Restorative Exercise workshops in the past, this workshop is the perfect next step to improving pelvic floor health and function.
Dive deeper into pelvic health and alignment. You will learn:
- more advanced layers to exercises from the Intro Workshop and the weekly PF classes
- new exercises to continue improving your pelvic floor health
- how core and pelvic floor function are related
- practical ways to incorporate this into your daily activities
- more about walking, minimal shoes and natural movement
Abs Before & After Birth
Thursday, April 12 // 7:00-8:30pm
Thursday, June 14 // 7:00-8:30pm
Thursday, Dec 6 // 7:00-8:30pm
This class is for pregnant women, new moms, and everyone interested in learning about the abdominal muscles and pregnancy.
In this workshop we will discuss:
- The abdominal muscles and the effects of pregnancy
- Abdominal separation (rectus diastasis); how to identify it and restore it after child birth
- Exercises that are both safe and effective for toning deep into the body’s core (pelvic floor, abdominals, hips and back).
Move Your DNA Weekend
October 27 & 28
Move Your DNA Weekends are live events held around the world, and I’m teaching one in Nashville this November. When it comes to learning exercises, books are an amazing resource—but so are personal instruction and community! Join us for a two-day movement experience designed to give you hands-on guidance with all of the exercises in the book Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement, by Katy Bowman. The only prerequisite is having read the book. This event always fills fast, so reserve your spot ASAP!
Move Your DNA weekends include:
- small group training (1:10 instructor/student ratio)
- instruction and practice of 70+ exercises
- minimal footwear/barefoot experience
- introductory gait experience
- connection with other lovers of alignment and natural movement
- a downloadable exercise workbook you’ll receive when you register
You can learn more about Move Your DNA weekends and see FAQ here.