Classes at Blooma Nashville
Vist Blooma Nashville’s Website to register for classes, see class descriptions, register for child care, & see pricing options.
WEST LOCATION: 4107 Charlotte Ave, Nashville TN
Pelvic Floor Tone & Restore
Saturdays // 8:15-9:15am
Core & More
Fridays // 10:00-11:00am (childcare available)
EAST LOCATION: 1000 Fatherland Ave, Nashville TN 37206
Pelvic Floor Tone & Restore
Mondays // 7:00-8:00pm
Tuesdays // 9:15-10:15am
Workshops ** Check back soon for all 2019 Dates **
Pelvic Floor Before & After Birth
Saturday, Jan 12 // 1:00-3:00pm
Add pregnancy to your misaligned body, and OUCH! Those aches, pains and interventions can show up. In this workshop, you’ll learn how to better align your body for the benefit of you and your baby.
• Reduce aches and pains
• Reduce swelling
• Keep blood pressure normal
• Prepare the pelvic floor for birth & clear up incontinence
• Treat and prevent diastasis recti (splitting of the abdominal wall)
• Provide optimal space for fetal positioning
• Increase space in the pelvic outlet
• Maximize your chance of having a VBAC
• Prepare the breast tissue for breastfeeding
• Decrease recovery time after a vaginal birth or caesarean section
Pelvic Floor for Women’s Health
About 80% of women will suffer from a pelvic floor disorder in their lifetime. Understanding WHY is the first step to beating those odds. What is wrong with women’s bodies that they stop functioning properly? NOTHING!
The trouble is in how our built environment has us moving (or not moving), and the not-so-subtle beauty demands — belly in! boobs out! heels high! — of our culture.
In this workshop, you’ll start to understand:
- the difference between posture and alignment,
- what your feet (and knees and hips) have to do with sneeze-pee
- how to turn WALKING into an everyday life skill that can transform your body
- when to squat vs. when to kegel
- and a LOT more!
Improve your body alignment, and change the way you move to recover your health. Come learn the anatomical foundations & practice the Restorative Exercises that can help heal and prevent these common female issues:
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Sexual dysfunction
- Menstrual cramps
- SI joint pain
- Edema, swelling
- High blood pressure
- Pelvic floor trauma
- Hip, knee, back or pelvic pain
- A painful pregnancy
- A cesarean section (a pelvis that was “too small” or a baby that was stuck/breach/posterior)
This workshop is for women of all ages and life stages.
$40/person includes handouts, exercises, Q+A, homework and take-home equipment.
Abs Before & After Birth
Sunday, Feb 10 // 1:30-3:30pm
This class is for pregnant women, new moms, and everyone interested in learning about the abdominal muscles and pregnancy.
In this workshop we will discuss:
- The abdominal muscles and the effects of pregnancy
- Abdominal separation (rectus diastasis); how to identify it and restore it after child birth
- Exercises that are both safe and effective for toning deep into the body’s core (pelvic floor, abdominals, hips and back).
$40/person includes handouts, exercises, Q+A and homework.
Move Your DNA Weekend
April 6 & 7
Move Your DNA Weekends are live events held around the world, and I’m teaching one in Nashville this November. When it comes to learning exercises, books are an amazing resource—but so are personal instruction and community! Join us for a two-day movement experience designed to give you hands-on guidance with all of the exercises in the book Move Your DNA: Restore Your Health Through Natural Movement, by Katy Bowman. The only prerequisite is having read the book. This event always fills fast, so reserve your spot ASAP!
Move Your DNA weekends include:
- small group training (1:10 instructor/student ratio)
- instruction and practice of 70+ exercises
- minimal footwear/barefoot experience
- introductory gait experience
- connection with other lovers of alignment and natural movement
- a downloadable exercise workbook you’ll receive when you register
You can learn more about Move Your DNA weekends here.